Anita Dirks Mulder
Phone: +31 (0)6 48 13 37 65
Room number: Monday-Tuesdag-Friday: Sylvius Laboratory, Sylviusweg 72, 2333 BE Leiden Room 6.4.14. Thursday: Hogeschool Leiden, Zernikedreef 11, 2333CK Leiden, Room: G3.019.
Because of their enormous diversity, orchids are attractive subjects to study the evolutionary basis of flower shape. For this it is necessary to understand which genes are involved in establishing orchid floral morphology and symmetry. As study organism Erycina pusilla was chosen because of its small, relatively simple and fully sequenced genome, its short generation time and the availability of tissue culture stocks providing flowering plants throughout the year. Expression of genes involved in orchid floral developmental changes are being investigated using various techniques.
Keywordstcp genes, de novo genome assembly, mads-box genes
Current research topics
- Dr. Philipp Schluter, Zurich University, Switzerland
- Prof. Dr. JHSGM (Hans) de Jong, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
MSc course Development & Evolution (10-13 November 2014).
- Co-supervisor - Stef Janson - Quantification of MADS box gene expression in Erycina pusilla (2013)
- Co-supervisor - Kelly van Kooperen - Quantification of MADS-box gene expression in the orchid species Erycina pusilla (2013)
- Co-supervisor - Sadahan Doebar - Lokaliseren van de bloemonderdelen van Erycina pusilla (2013)
- Co-supervisor - Vinod Adhin - Genexpressie kwantificeren van AP3A2 MADS-box B gen in de bloemonderdelen van Erycina pusilla (2014)
August 1987 till March 1990 employed as research technician at the Laboratory for Cytochemistry and Cytometry, Leiden University (Prof. Dr. M. vd Ploeg). Co-author of 3 scientific publications.
March 1990 till august 1994 employed as research technician at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Free University Amsterdam (Prof. Dr. H.A. Raué). Co-author of 6 scientific publications.
August 1994 till August 2000 employed as research technician at the Netherlands Cancer Institute at the Division Molecular Biology (Prof. Dr. P. Borst). Co-author of 9 scientific publications.
Molecular diagnostic analysis of outbreak scenarios. Morsink MC, Dekter HE, Dirks-Mulder A, van Leeuwen WB. 2012. Biochem Mol Biol Edu 40: 112–20.
Maat W, el Filali M, Dirks-Mulder A, Luyten GP, Gruis NA, Desjardins L, Boender P, Jager MJ, van der Velden PA. Episodic Src activation in uveal melanoma revealed by kinase activity profiling. 2009. Br J Cancer 101: 312-9.
Maat W, van der Velden PA, Out-Luiting C, Plug M, Dirks-Mulder A, Jager MJ, Gruis NA. 2007. Epigenetic inactivation of RASSF1a in uveal melanoma. Invest Ophth Vis Sci 48: 486-90.
- Stichting Domain Applied Science (DAS) Research Conference (2014)
- ALW Meeting Experimental Plant Sciences (April 2014)
- EMBO Conference Interdisciplinary plant development, Cambridge, UK (September 2014)